Your Daily Use Oral Care Products Could Be Loaded with Harmful Chemicals!
It’s no secret that maintaining good oral hygiene helps you smile with confidence. Additionally, taking mindful care of your oral health significantly improves your chances of retaining healthy teeth even in old age.
But the products you use to care for your teeth and mouth might be loaded with harsh, and in many cases very harmful, chemicals. Some of these chemicals like SLS or triclosan which appear in a majority of toothpastes sold in the Indian market can have severe long term repercussions on your systemic health. The mouthwash you are using to get rid of bad breath might be drying out your mouth due to the presence of alcohol in it!
We at Daybreak make it easy for you to say no to harmful chemicals in your daily essentials. Daybreak products are thoughtfully formulated with ingredients handpicked by experts to combine the best of science and botanics.
What Harmful Chemicals Should I Watch Out For?
1. SLS – Sodium lauryl sulphate is a foaming agent originally developed for the laundry industry. Over time, it has found its way into most big brand toothpastes and several mouthwashes. Sores, tissue sloughing, and dry mouth are some of the side effects of this chemical surfactant. (1)
2. Triclosan – Triclosan is an antibacterial ingredient found in products such as soaps, body washes as well as toothpastes. Triclosan can disrupt your thyroid hormones and develop antibiotic resistance. In 2016, the US FDA banned the use of Triclosan in soaps and the ingredient was subsequently dropped by many large brands (including Colgate) in 2019. However, several toothpastes widely available in India continue using the ingredient even today. (2)
3. Titanium Dioxide – Titanium Dioxide (TiO2) nanoparticles are classified as “possible carcinogenic to humans” by the International Agency for Research on Cancer. (3)
4. Alcohol – frequently found in conventional mouthwashes, alcohol not only causes an acute burning/stinging sensation to the mouth, but can have several other deleterious effects on your oral health including disrupting the oral microbiome, causing dry mouth and putting your teeth at a higher risk for dental caries.
5. Fluoride - several studies have found a link (and likely causation effect) between fluoride exposure and developmental (read: among children) neurotoxicity resulting in IQ deficits. (4) The amount of fluoride used in toothpaste by itself is extremely unlikely to cause fluoride toxicity among adults.
However, since the 1980s, advances in dental science have rendered the use of fluoride in toothpaste unnecessary. Ingredients such as hydroxyapatite which occur naturally in the dentin and bones have been shown to be equally effective in preventing cavities while being completely non-toxic. We, at Daybreak, recommend using a fluoride-free toothpaste that contains non-toxic alternatives like HAp, bioactive glass etc. for tooth remineralization.
Daybreak Oral Wellness Products
Daybreak prioritises your health and safety over everything else. That is why Daybreak formulates clean, science-based dental hygiene products free of toxins or harmful chemicals. Daybreak products blend potent botanicals and science together to bring you clean personal-care products. Daybreak offers oral hygiene products free of SLS, fluoride, alcohol, and any other harmful chemicals.
Daybreak Brighten Toothpaste
Daybreak Brighten Toothpaste is toxin-free toothpaste with no SLS or fluorides. Made from the natural goodness of papaya and pineapple extracts, this toothpaste removes stains from your teeth and gives you sparkling white teeth.
Daybreak Restore Rinse
Get rid of bad breath and maintain complete oral hygiene with Daybreak alcohol-free mouthwash Restore Rinse. This multi-mineral infused mouthwash restores enamel, balances oral pH levels and soothes gum inflammation. It has a gentle formula with the goodness of aloe vera that reduces dry mouth problems and works only on bad bacteria.
Daybreak Products Feature the Safest Ingredients
At Daybreak, we formulate products for your oral wellness with evidence-led and research-based ingredients. Daybreak all products use a blend of natural botanicals and science-led ingredients.
- Papaya Extracts – Papain, an enzyme found in papaya is a mild teeth-whitening agent
- Pineapple Extracts – Bromelain, an enzyme found in pineapple helps in removing plaque and teeth stains and gives you whiter teeth.
- Aloe Vera – Daybreak restore Rinse contains the goodness of aloe vera which is rich in minerals and vitamin that reduces gum inflammation. (5)
- Hydroxyapatite and Calcium Carbonate – This miracle ingredient repairs the tooth enamel and reverses early-stage cavities without the toxicity of fluoride.
- Xylitol – It is a plant-based sugar substitute which helps to increase salivary flow and fight against bad bacteria.
Why choose Daybreak Oral Wellness Products
Chemical-laden tubes of toothpaste have flooded the market and using them without knowing the harmful effects is unfortunate. There are potent ingredients that nature offers that we tend to overlook. Daybreak brings the best of botanicals and the best of science together to create clean and safe oral wellness products. Our team of experts have reimagined oral wellness for you with evidence-led dental hygiene products which are safe for your overall health.
The products at Daybreak Oral Wellness are 100% vegan, and 100% biocompatible and do not contain any toxins, harmful chemicals, or harmful ingredients such as titanium dioxide, triclosan, SLS, or fluoride. We do not add artificial flavours, sweeteners or colours to our products. Daybreak products are paraben free and safe for daily use.
All Daybreak products are science-based and formulated by our team of experts using fruit enzymes and Calcium Hydroxyapatite which helps to remineralize tooth enamels. Shop Oral Wellness Products at Daybreak and get safe chemical-free products delivered to your home without any hassle.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is SLS-free toothpaste effective?
SLS is a foaming agent and does more harm than good. SLS-free toothpaste is effective and does a good job of cleaning your teeth of stains and debris without causing any harm to the mouth and gums.
Does SLS cause tooth sensitivity?
Yes, SLS can cause tooth sensitivity as it irritates the gums and teeth. It can also lead to dry mouth problems. Use SLS-free toothpaste and mouthwash for safer, more wholesome oral care.
Why should you not use mouthwash with alcohol?
Alcohol is a common ingredient in most mouthwashes available today in the market but it can lead to a drying out of your mouth. Alcohol also destroys the good oral bacteria leading to an imbalance in the microbiome in your mouth. This might lead to several problems including bad breath.
Which is the best SLS-free toothpaste in India?
Daybreak products don’t contain any toxins or any other harmful chemicals. Daybreak oral wellness products are 100% biocompatible with ingredients handpicked by experts and formulated thoughtfully by qualified chemists.